Glycologix, Inc. takes privacy seriously and recognizes that website users do too. We want you to understand what information is collected through this website, how that information is used, and how you can contact us if you have privacy questions.
Collecting and Using your Personal Data
While using our website, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you or your customers. Personal identifiable information may include, but is not limited to: email address, first and last name, mailing address and usage data.
Usage data is collected automatically when using the website. Usage data may include information such as your device’s internet protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the website through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our website or when you access the website by or through a mobile device
Like many companies, our website collects information about visitors through “cookies.” Cookies are bits of text placed on your computer when you visit certain websites. Cookies allow websites to remember your actions and preferences over a period of time.
We use functional cookies to record information about the choices you have made. This information is typically anonymized and is not used for any other purpose.
We use the Google Analytics to help us understand our visitors’ interests and improve our website functionality. These cookies provide us information on audience size, geographic locations, demographic information (such as statistics on age and gender of visitors) and usage patterns. This information is primarily used for statistical purposes. However, if at any time you provide us with your Contact Information, we may combine that with information from our web analytic services to understand in more detail how you use our website. If you choose to opt out of cookies, anonymized information will still be tracked and gathered.
How Can You Control Cookies?
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, visit aboutcookies.org. you can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.
If you do not want to be tracked by Google Analytics, see Google Analytics’ opt-out options.
Information You Give Glycologix
If you request more information about our products or services, we may ask you to provide unique contact information, such as your name, company name, industry, work address, work phone number, and work email address (“Contact Information”). While we may share your Contact Information with our affiliates, we promise that we will never sell your Contact Information or share it with someone unrelated to these purposes.
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To be able to contact you in relation to your specific contractual relationship with Glycologix
- To comply with applicable legislation, i.e. on tax and bookkeeping
How Did We Obtain Your Personal Data?
The personal data Glycologix is processing about you and your company is collected from you directly by us.
How Long Will We Store Your Personal Data?
We store your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes above but normally no longer than 5 years. However, if you provide services within an area regulated by health laws and GxP rules, we may be required to retain certain personal data about you for up to 30 years.
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of your personal data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Data Protection Rights Under GDPR and California Consumer Privacy Act
In certain jurisdictions you may have the right to request access and receive information about the personal information we maintain about you, to update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information, to restrict or object to the processing of your personal information, to have the information blocked, anonymized or deleted, as appropriate, or to exercise your right to data portability to easily transfer your personal information to another company. Those rights may be limited in some circumstances by local law requirements. In addition to the above-mentioned rights, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent supervisory authority subject to applicable law.
Where required by law, we obtain your consent for the processing of certain personal information collected by cookies or similar technologies or used to send you direct marketing communications, or when we carry out other processing activities for which consent may be required. If we rely on consent for the processing of your personal information, you have the right to withdraw it at any time and free of charge. When you do so, this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent withdrawal.
To update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists, delete your account or submit a request to exercise your rights under applicable law, please contact us as specified in the “Contact Us” section below.
Glycologix will process your personal data according to applicable legislation, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) to the extent applicable.
What Is the Legal Basis In the EU For Our Processing Of Your Personal Data?
The legal basis in the EU for our collection and processing of your personal data set out above is:
- GDPR art. 6(1)(f) (“the balancing of interest test”). It is Glycologix’ assessment that the processing of your personal data is necessary for the processing of vendor data.
- GDPR art. 6 (1) (b) processing is necessary for the performance of a contract.
- GDPR art. 6 (1) (c) processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation, e.g. according to applicable legislation, i.e. on tax and bookkeeping.
As a medical manufacturing company, Glycologix is also obligated to abide by certain applicable rules set out in applicable laws, and we may therefore also process your personal data to live up to these rules.
Will We Disclose Your Personal Data To Third Parties?
For the purpose of complying with relevant tax and bookkeeping legislation, your personal data might be disclosed and shared with the following recipients:
- A federal, state or local tax authority
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose your personal data in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
The legal basis for the disclosure in the EU is:
- The relevant local VAT notification duty in each EU country, cf. GDPR Article 6(1)(c)
Will We Disclose Your Personal Data To Data Processors?
No; we share the data with our in-house Glycologix help Center only.
Will We Transfer Your Personal Data To Recipients In Countries Outside The EU/EEA?
We transfer your personal data to the following Glycologix recipients located in countries outside the EU/EEA:
100 Cummings Center, Suite 451C
Beverly, MA 01915
Glycologix has taken necessary and adequate steps in order to protect your personal data and ensure your rights as a data subject. Please note that certain limitations may apply to your ability to exercise these rights. Subject to these limitations, you have the following rights:
Right of access
- You have the right to request access to the personal data Glycologix processes about you.
Right to rectification
- You have the right to rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you, including completion of incomplete personal data.
Right to erasure (right to be forgotten)
- You have the right to the erasure of the personal data concerning you.
Right to restriction
- You have the right to restrict Glycologix processing of personal data concerning you.
Right to data portability
- Where processing is based on a consent or a contract and the processing is carried out by automated means, you have the right to receive the personal data concerning you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. you have the right to transmit this personal data to a third party without hindrance from Glycologix, if technically possible.
Automated individual decision-making, including profiling
- As a general rule you have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects or affects you significantly. This does not apply if, among other things, automated decision-making and profiling is necessary for entering into, or performing, a contract between you and Glycologix.
Right to object
- You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of personal data concerning you which is based on legitimate interests as legal basis for the processing (as set out in article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR), including profiling based on this provision.
- Where your personal data are processed for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object at any time to processing of personal data concerning you for such marketing, which includes profiling to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing. Where you object to processing for direct marketing purposes, Glycologix must no longer process the personal data for such purposes.
If processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time. Please note that this does not affect Glycologix’ processing of your personal data prior to the withdrawal of your consent.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights as described above or have any questions, please contact the Glycologix by using the contact information provided below.
Should you have any questions in regards to the protection of your personal data or if you wish to exercise your legal rights, please contact Glycologix by using the below contact details:
100 Cummings Center, Suite 451C
Beverly, MA 01915